Season 2022/23 ended with two Liverpool fans sweeping up all the PFLEF trophies. Dr Saikat grabbed a prestigious and unprecedented Treble (PFLEF League 1, Head to Head League and Second Chance League). While my not very humble self won a Double (PFLEF League 2A and League 2B). This season, there are many managers who would rather see these two Kopites walk alone, empty handed. And based on that, we already have a very competitive start to the season.
Your FootieFantasy crew have gazed into their respective crystal balls and are delighted to share with you their predictions for this season. Enjoy 🙂
This is our PFLEF Roll Call of the Top 5 Managers for each month of the 2022/23 season. I collated this from monthly scores across our League 1, League 2A and 2B competitions. The Top 5 for the first few months of the season were already included in this article here – https://www.footiefantasy.com/featured-articles/fpl-update-the-squeezed-season/
However, I’ve now collated the whole season into one article. You never know, your name might surprisingly be in one of these. Read on and enjoy 🙂
With a shortened pre-season and a packed schedule of football matches needing to be concluded by the second week of November, this has been a very squeezed portion of the 2022/23 football calendar. Club competitions, UEFA Nations League matches, World Cup qualifiers, friendlies and an energetic round of the Carabao cup in England!! The squeeze has been real. For FPL purposes though, the most important question –
- Man City – Have the most depth and Haaland is a freak of nature who will be refueling in “Peps Lab” during the World Cup. Champions by a canter.
- Liverpool – To edge 2nd place because of the goal scoring firepower and return to fitness of Thiago.
- Spurs – Progress into 3rd by winning dirty and ugly the Conte way. Will be very close to Liverpool but don’t have enough goals and variety of play to come 2nd.
- Man Utd – Enough individual quality to win games they don’t deserve to finish here and better defensive structure to grind out results.
- Arsenal – Will play some very good football but not enough depth to last a very long and tiring season from the world cup. They will be neck and neck with Man Utd.
- Chelsea – Potter is a long term manager who is going to have to figure out short term goals over instilling a pattern of play. They don’t have enough creativity in the middle of the park to finish anywhere close to where they should be based on talent.
There we have it. Hopefully none of us would suffer too much from constipation this season.
Dear reader, I may not have a pint of Guinness to salute you with but be rest assured, good things do come to those who wait.
Each month in Season 2021/2022 was a chance to reset, a chance for all our PFLEF managers to stake a claim for the Manager of the Month prize. Staking a claim is great but claiming the top prize each month is even better. Here we present the roll call of managers who gave it a good go and made it into the top 5 each month 🙂
Each Fantasy Premier League season starts off with optimistic managers, all dreaming of successful conquests. Some start off very fast. Launching out of the starting blocks with energy and purpose, accumulating points with speed and pace. The Fast.
The FPL managers who couldn’t match the Fast have suffered blow after blow like an opponent of Tyson Fury. They schemed, organised and plotted like Nick Fury. But the FPL gods avenged. Decisions backfired; like the captaining of Antonio the gameweek he picked a red card or captaining Ronaldo the gameweek Ole took him off the wheel. These provoked anger, disappointment and ultimately, fury. The story of the Fast and the Fury.
Now that the summer transfer window is closed, this is where our footiefantasy crew runs the rule on how we think the season will pan out. Engage with us and let us know your predictions in the Youtube comments, Facebook page, and article. Also, check out the video for extended discussion
- Ayo – Man United Fan
- Top 6 Predictions – Chelsea 1st, Man City 2nd, Liverpool 3rd, Man Utd 4th, Leicester 5th, West Ham 6th
- Relegation – Burnley 18th, Watford 19th, Norwich 20th
- Ola – Liverpool fan
- Top 6 Predictions – Chelsea 1st, Man City 2nd, Liverpool 3rd, Man United 4th, Spurs 5th, West Ham 6th
- Relegation – Burnley 18th, Watford, Norwich 20th
- Eejay – Arsenal fan (On Loan at PSG)
- Top 6 Predictions – Man City 1st, Chelsea 2nd, Man United 3rd, Liverpool 4th, Spurs 5th, West Ham 6th
- Relegation – Watford, Wolves, Norwich
- Honorable mention – Arsenal narrowly escapes relegation*
- Buchi – Man United fan
- Top 6 predictions – Man United 1st, Chelsea 2nd, Man City 3rd, Liverpool 4th, Spurs 5th, Leicester 6th
- Relegation – Burnley, Watford, Norwich
- Dada – Chelsea Fan
- Top 6 predictions – Chelsea 1st, Man City 2nd, Man United 3rd, Leicester 4th, Liverpool 5th, Spurs 6th
- Relegation – Norwich, Newcastle, Watford
As the chaotic and dramatic 2nd round of games got concluded today check out our preview and prediction episode from a few days ago which had a few good shouts!!!