With a shortened pre-season and a packed schedule of football matches needing to be concluded by the second week of November, this has been a very squeezed portion of the 2022/23 football calendar. Club competitions, UEFA Nations League matches, World Cup qualifiers, friendlies and an energetic round of the Carabao cup in England!! The squeeze has been real. For FPL purposes though, the most important question –
Some FPL managers tried to maximize their juice by pulling different levers, Barcelona style. They recklessly spent a lot of their budget before carelessly spilling more than half of their expensive juice. Ha!! Other FPL managers rivalled Liverpool for inconsistency. Enjoying the highs of high scoring gameweeks followed immediately by getting lost – via red arrows leading into a Forest of doom. Sigh.
Overall, this football season has simply been relentless. As relentless as a cyborg sent to us from the future, hellbent on creating chaos and destruction. Yeah, I’m talking about Erling ‘The Terminator’ Haaland doing his best Arnold Schwarzenegger impression. For the first time in FPL, over 80% of all managers own a player. And at the rate Haaland is scoring, none of us would ever tell him – ”Hasta la Vista, baby”.
It’s now time for us to celebrate the FPL managers who squeezed the best quality juice in each month so far. These ones were not outgunned by any Terminator and they stayed on point with a full Arsenal of weapons. Ladies and Gentlemen, let’s congratulate – Wole Segun, Trevor Smith and Muyideen Jimoh, our Managers of the Month for August, September and October respectively. They all receive the monthly prize of a free pass to The Athletic.
Top 5 for August
- Wole Segun – Finding Timo: 362 pts (League 1)
- Mayo Olubori – Pepe=Gervinho 2.0: 356 pts (League 1)
- Gbenga Yemi – Good Vibes FC: 356 pts (League 2B)
- Aleksi Malkamaki – AZB: 356 pts (League 2B)
- Ovy Anwuri – Ikwerre Bombers: 352 pts (League 1)
Top 5 for September
- Trevor Smith – OneunitedfanTrev: 138 pts (League 2A)
- Yaya Abu – Zola Blues: 137 pts (League 2A)
- Murray Hanson – Sunkwa Legends: 133 pts (League 2A)
- Sushmita Saha – Amethyst: 130 pts (League 2A)
- Charles Vusi – Tsubaba’s Boys: 128 pts (League 2B)
Top 5 for October
- Muyideen Jimoh – Pluggd: 413 pts (League 2B)
- Jeevan Ramanuja – Siuuu Later: 407 pts (League 1)
- Afam Nwoke – Cali FC: 403 pts (League 2B)
- Murray Hanson – Sunkwa Legends: 399 pts (League 2A)
- Samuel Adepoju – Singhers: 397 pts (League 2A)
Watch out for another update during the World Cup break which would highlight promotion & relegation contenders. And also a look at those who are in the running to be the 2022/23 PFLEF Champion.
Written and compiled by Oladimeji Sapoloso